The dataset captures the existing and approved Electricity Tariff Rates set by the Commerce Commission. it showcase the existing tariff rate since 1st September 2009 and the new approved tariff rate effective 1st June 2010.
In this new schedule, you will note that:
- Households consuming 130 kWh will now pay 16.4% less.
For example, an household paying $30 in the past will now pay $25.08. We have 17343 households who will get a relief with reduction in their bill by 16.46%;
- The high end domestic users will now have to pay 8.82 cents more;
- The Commercial sector will pay 2.2 cents to 11.8 cents more depending on how much they use;
- The Municipal Councils will now have to show greater responsibility has they will have to pay the same tariff has the high end domestic sector.
- The tariff for institutions remains unchanged.
Data Source: Commerce Commission; Determination of Fiji Electricity Authority Tariff Rates; Tariff Alignment Phase1, June 2010.
Keywords: FIji Electricity Authority (FEA), Tariff Rates, Energy Fiji Limited (EFL), Commerce Commission, Fijian Competition & Consumer Commission (FCCC)
|Publisher||Pacific Data Hub|
|Modified||10 May 2022|
|Release Date||15 February 2022|
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location||Array|