The scope of Census includes:
- HOUSEHOLD: Household characteristics such as; Type of Living quarters, House ownership, construction, floor & roof materials, source of drinking water, toilet type, source of cooking energy, method of cooking, source of lighting, type of crops grown, size of garden, types of livestocks, different appliances and electronics own, internet access and cash received.
The 2015 census covers all households and agricultural holdings as well as all villages in Tonga. Items covered include the
At the Household and Organizational level:
The scope of the TC Gita Impact Assessment 2018 includes:
- HOUSEHOLD: Damage to dwelling and repairs, Basic utilities, Aid, Crops and Livestock, Housing
- INDIVIDUAL: Individual Profile, Prepareness and Evacuate
- HOUSEHOLD: Geographic Identification, Levels of Agricultual Activity of the household, Agricultural holdings, Crops, Income from agricultural acivities, Use of fertilizers, Traditional methods for food storage, Use of traditional knowledge for planting, Travelling with locally grown food, Water usage, Livestock characteristics, Type of operation, Nature of disposal, Fishing, Pearl farming equipment and facilities, Pearl income;
- HOLDING: Identification, characteristics, parcel details, scattered plants/trees, crops, labour input;
In 2009, from those households that were involved in growing crops, most grew vegetables and food crops (71%), followed by betel nut (44%), coconut/copra (32%), cocoa (26%), flowers (14%), timber (10%), tobacco (9%), and other crops (7%)
Summary data of tonga agriculture exports. Source: Agriculture Division.
This paper focuses on the environmental challenges of sustainable development issues with particular attention to natural resource management, environment and climate change in the food and agriculture sector (including crops, livestock, fisheries and forestry).
The impacts of climate change and human activity are the main contributing factors to the declining production of food and food security. The Marshallese people have long been cultivating the land for food, medicinal and other traditional purposes. The Ministry of Resources and Development (R&D) has a
programme to restock livestock and food crops for national food security. Over 2,800 types of plants were distributed on most of the outer islands, as well as Majuro.
The Census of Agriculture & Fisheries (AGC 2011) is a national government operation geared towards the collection and compilation of statistics in the agriculture sector of the country. The collected data will constitute the bases from which policymakers and planners will formulate plans for the country's development.
This report is the first of its kind to be prepared using data collected by the Statistics Department (SD) on the impact of a cyclone in Tonga. Tropical Cyclone Gita hit the main island of Tongatapu and the island of ‘Eua on the night of Monday, 12th February 2018 as a destructive category 4 storm, causing severe damages to these two islands which consists of about 80% of the Total population of Tonga.
Importance of Agriculture Census (AC)
The 2017 Population and Housing Census of Tuvalu is the many censuses conducted by the Central Statistics Division since Tuvalu gained political independence in 1978.
This document provides the population and housing information on areas covering general health, education, labour force, employment, disability, children, youth, aging-population, gender, communication, technology, urbanization, home appliances and many others.
v01: Cleaned, labelled and de-identified version of the Master file. For internal use only.
The scope of Census includes: